Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
International Threat
13,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got some final goodies in the mail today.

Got a new bigger feed line made for the turbo.

Plenums are getting welded tomorrow.

When I get back from Sheids, it's go time :evillol:

Will have dyno #'s and new track times. I'm expecting 670-700 and 12.1-12.2's... all on #2.

·
I, 1, 2, 1/2, 6
2,261 Posts
:drool: SICK!!! GOOD LUCK!!!

·
a truck
13,142 Posts
Sounds pretty slow. lol

Cant wait to see some numbers with it all buttoned up!

·
International Threat
13,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ahem...

That was taken around 4pm today, the fuel system is almost finished too. Headed to Sheids so I won't be back on it until next week.

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
I think the truck should make it to schieds as is

·
Powerstroke Junkie
8,308 Posts
Looks good Marty, can't wait to see it.

NCH

·
International Threat
13,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ummm... started the truck today.

:rolleyes:

Looks nice under there now.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Sweet, can't wait to see the results :thumb:
Weren't you talkin about doin a cummins swap at one time :dunno:

·
International Threat
13,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was not going to put a cummins in the truck but I was going to buy a second truck.

I however lost my job and decided I'd better save the money I have instead of blowing it on another truck....

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
finish this thing up so i can come down there and we can hit the track. I got my new trans in, new injectors, new fuel system. going to stop by eric and get some new tuning done..I hoping for some 11 passes

·
International Threat
13,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Drove her last night, thank god I put the new boots on. Man it can really hold the boost now and you can tell a difference.

I'll go take a picture soon.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
New boots? do ya still have to tie the pipes together with straps or the now boots hold?

Sweet man GOOD LUCK:thumb:

·
Registered
428 Posts
hey Marty what Schieds did you go to Lafayette or Effingham?

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
Looks good Marty.
Gonna be at SSS?

·
International Threat
13,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
These are the boots I'm talking about. They are a lot thicker then stock, and longer then my old dieselsite boots were, by about 1/2". What you see right now is what my setup looks like after its first 50+ psi run.... in the tow tune.

Don't mind the really long pushloc. The fittings on the regulator are being replaced so that I can take the fittings off instead of cutting the Pushloc to get it off. That was all Benz had until next Monday. I said screw that, I wanna drive the truck this weekend. I will also be getting a 45° fitting for the bottom instead of a 90° so it doesn't want to kink the hose.

I still have the strap on there for now. My buddy is going to weld in a section of tube so that I have just a V Band at the compressor discharge and a 9" long boot on the intercooler.

I also coated my up-pipes, intake plenums and intake tubing to make then look better and hopefully survive longer lol.

·
International Threat
13,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
The bolt you see in the hot side i/c tube is where my boost gauge is going to read from since I now use my AIH plug has a bracket to hold my regulator up. Also the line you see coming out of the intake Y w/ a bolt in it is where the map line goes. The one I took off the truck had a gap and a T fitting in it for water injection. I wanted a solid line so that is being replaced today. Once I have the i/c tubes finished aka welded into one piece I willl coat them too... there was a TON of oil still left all over that motor from the HPOP line breaking. Got a ton of it out, but there is still some residue left around.

One thing I noticed because this might have been the start of my problems. Whenever you are replacing intake plenums stick them on there and get two bolts in. Then push the plenum as far away from the valley as you can. I did mine dead nuts center on the original build, and on this one too and you can see that the plenums are not wide enough apart for the Hypermax intake Y. Might be the same way on the stock y? :dunno: This is probably what caused my problem to begin with which I tried to fix by clamping down tighter. Now they are only off a smidgen but I have much thicker, longer boots, reinforced plenums and 90 ft lbs of clamps x 4 on that thing now.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts