Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
truck started shaking bad, then left me stranded twice. took a while to start up
but it didnt ran past 45 mph and rpms were high. finally chugged its way to the shop. no check engine light and no codes on the scanner. wtf could it be?:doh:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am having the same problem with my 04'. I changed the ICP sensor, fuel filters and still no fix. took it to the dealer and they've changed the IPR valve. and in the process of changing the IPR valve they found some debris on the end of the IPR valve, which means that the HPOP is eating itself. so now the HPOP is getting replaced also. you've already changed the filters, go to the ICP sensor next(about 150.00). I recommend changing the pigtail to the sensor also. hopefully for your sake it's just that and not the IPR valve(400.00), or the HPOP(grrrrrrrrrr)

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am having the same problem with my 04'. I changed the ICP sensor, fuel filters and still no fix. took it to the dealer and they've changed the IPR valve. and in the process of changing the IPR valve they found some debris on the end of the IPR valve, which means that the HPOP is eating itself. so now the HPOP is getting replaced also. you've already changed the filters, go to the ICP sensor next(about 150.00). I recommend changing the pigtail to the sensor also. hopefully for your sake it's just that and not the IPR valve(400.00), or the HPOP(grrrrrrrrrr)
the mec added m.c. cetane boost and now it runs fine. so apparently its bad fuel.:tard:

·
Registered
4 Posts
easy fix for ya...it's always good to see an easy fix...best of luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts