Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
OperationSmile.org
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was having to get around someone today at about a 30mph roll. I mated it and the truck fell on its face and bogged. it didn't down shift and the turbo slowly spooled. This is the 3 or 4th time this has happened to me. Does this sound like a fuel issue, a tranny issue or a chip issue. I have a 99.5 250 with a 4r100 and Swamps Tunes.

·
Desert Shield/Storm Vet
9,092 Posts
Any codes? Could be a fuel pressure issue:dunno:

·
Desert Shield/Storm Vet
9,092 Posts
I would pull the chip first and if that doesn't fix your problem have a fuel pressure test done.

·
OperationSmile.org
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Stock it does fine. I am wondering that with the added demand of fuel that the chip is requiring could it be causing the fuel pump to have trouble keeping up?

·
Premium Member
3,578 Posts
I think I would take it to swamps and see if they can use their scanner to find something. Otherwise if you could get a scanner you could watch the ICP and maybe rig up a gauge to watch fuel pressure. But if its only at low RPM that don’t make no sense cause fuel pressure and ICP seem more likely to affect hard pulling at high rpm where your using more fuel. I wonder if it could be the IPR not boosting the pressure fast enough?

When it does it, if you hold it to the floor does it ever catch and go?
Have you tried playing with the pedal when it does it to make sure it aint a go pedal issue?
This is pretty interesting, my ranger was doing the same thing. It turned out to be the Mass air flow sensor was dirty but a PSD don’t got one of them.

·
OperationSmile.org
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ya I need to try to find the time to get out to swamps. Today it sounded like it was idleing funny So im gonna get some audio on it and post that. All this and my fuel milage being so ****ty something is definately wrong.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
HPOP is a VERY likely suspect mine went in the shop for almost the same problem does it seem to cut out when your at lower rpms(1200-15000) when you punch it

1 - 16 of 16 Posts