Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey guys i got a very wierd issue with my 7.3 most folks would say its the cps but this just isnt so i have allready been there. so here goes when i start my truck if you shut the doors it dies gives me a service engine soon light and wont start as long as the light is on so if i turn the key off and on the light goes out and then it will start but could and would do it again most of the time or this same thing happens if you hit a bump in the road and sometimes it just happens out of the blue but each time it gives a service engine soon light but all i have to do is turn the key off and then back on and away we go until the next time sometimes instead of dieing it just reduces to idle and has no throttle response and then i get throttle back when it does this it has no check engine light. and of course sometimes it doesnt do this at all for a bit and then starts this crap all over again, i am fully capable of fixing this i just dont know where to go or what is happening it seems as though its an elec issue but with so much elec crap on here its hard to pinpoint the problem any suggestions? i see in reading many post on here that this could be any number of things it seems there are many trucks on here that just die out of the blue although my truck runs very well when it runs no smoke no vibs no drama what so ever except dies at the worst times or as i said just shutting the doors or even the hood some folks have said maybe a bad ground but again i dont think this is the issue and i dont want to deal with those parts changers at ford their useless its awful

·
Premium Member
8,744 Posts
There's nothing worse than an intermittent electrical problem - I feel for you... :(

It's something you're just going to have to be persistent And thorough with.

You gotta look at Everything and, chances are, dumb luck will play a part :)

Look at this connector -> http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/99...sion-if-your-truck-like-mine.html#post1343921

Look at All connectors really, open 'em up make sure there's no Green.

Grounds? - Sure, redo 'em all maybe. Clean 'em & grease 'em

Even the fuses themselves, take 'em out and look for green (never hurts to remake the connection by pulling/reinserting)

ALL the engine sensors, UVC harness, even the PCM plug through the firewall. .

Could stumble across it right away, could take weeks, luck & commitment will determine :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts