Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 F250 and it has been a great truck. We just hit 100,000 miles and it started jerking and blowing black smog every time it would jerk. it would do this for a bit but after continuing to drive it would stop and drive fine. (Probably not the smartest thing to do!:doh:) Now it dies almost instantly after starting it. I have read alot on the EGR valves, ours was pretty dirty so we cleaned it and nothing. We changed the air, oil and fuel filters. Still dying. I live an hour from town and towing it would cost a fortune, anithing else we can try?:dunno:

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a 2005 F250 and it has been a great truck. We just hit 100,000 miles and it started jerking and blowing black smog every time it would jerk. it would do this for a bit but after continuing to drive it would stop and drive fine. (Probably not the smartest thing to do!:doh:) Now it dies almost instantly after starting it. I have read alot on the EGR valves, ours was pretty dirty so we cleaned it and nothing. We changed the air, oil and fuel filters. Still dying. I live an hour from town and towing it would cost a fortune, anithing else we can try?:dunno:

Any coolant loss?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont think so. We have been out of town for the last week so we havent had a chance to look at it. He said he will check that tomorrow.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts