Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
6.0 died while driving, then its cranks with no start. No check engine light, not throwing any codes. I had my muffler and cat cut off earlier today. This happened about an hour after I picked up. We replaced the fuel filter, that's not it. The fuel pump is working. Help?

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Did they weld on your exhaust today? If they did i wander if they unhooked the batterys? maybe it gronded back through the computer. Just a thought

·
KVFD
4,061 Posts
the computer does anything make a sound when you cycle the key? I am not very smart with 6.0's but just a idea

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
dunno, new computer? I heard of this happening before on vehicles. A friend of mine had exhaust work on a gasser and they didn't unhook the batterys and it trashed a coil pack in his truck. Alot of people don't unhook the batterys when they are welding, but I always wanted to be safe than sorry, only takes a few minutes

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Planning on going to walmart to do that. It was my next step. I just find it bizarre that it just died going down the road.

·
KVFD
4,061 Posts
can you hear like any sounds under the hood like a fuel pump, glow plugs, etc when my gma cycles the key on her six o i can hear it make noises different from seven three but they are diff

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
when a cps goes out it usally happens going down the road. This really sounds like a cps to me, I never heard of it in a six 0 but anything can happen. Go to the auto store tommorw and get one and put it in. It's worth a try

·
KVFD
4,061 Posts
ya cps can do it and i have heard of a few 6.0's s hiting them out but mainly on 7.3's though

1 - 20 of 24 Posts