Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to give you a quick run down. Couple days ago my 2000 F250 died while idling. Then once again. Never done this before. I have a predator on it also. I had it on tow as I was going camping and hauling a small pop up camper. So it dies a couple more times at idle but other than that runs fine. Then on the way home from camping it starts running terrible, running, then dieing, etc. When I try and get it started back I have to pat the gas and such and sometimes floor it for it to start and other times not. It wants to hunt and jump up and down when I try to keep it above 2,000 rpm(it dies below). Then as soon as I get a load on it driving it kinda clears up. So most of the way home I just kept a foot on the gas and brake while slowing or stopping. Then it would die. It took me 15-20 minutes just to get trailer backed in drive as it kept dieing. Codes at that time when MIL came on were Camshaft Position Sensor and also 470 and 478. I wiggle what I thought was the EBP on the front top of the engine beside the water hose. I then got in and started it and it was still doing it. I floored the gas over and over trying to clear it and got it going. Then for the 15 minute drive home it did not mess up again. Also the only codes now are 470 and 478. I went out and started it today and wiggled that same wire and nothing. It just kept idling. I have never changed out the original Camshaft position sensor that is recalled. I have a spare in my glove box. Since I still have those two codes and it is not acting up now, it almost seems like it has something to do with the CPS. What do you guys think? Ever seen this before? I am just not sure why it cleared up. It was still hot. Only off for like 5-7 minutes. Also, while it was still messing up I put the factory tune back in and it still messed up. Factory tune is still in.

Thanks!

·
Registered
34 Posts
my 01 would die on me and eventually crank back up sometime running rough and redying... ended up being the cps.... no troubles since

advise to replace, there is a reason they were recalled this being one of them!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts