Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so i had to do emissions the other day so i took my truck down to the emmsions place, it works fine there. when i got back my truck cranked but would not start, then i tried again and it started fine. a few hours later i went out to the truck and tried to start it and again it cranked but would not start, i tried one more time and it started fine and i was on my way. This morning i went to start it, and it started fine, i moved about 10 feet with it and it died, i tried to start it again and it would only crank, i did this 4 or 5 times and it would not start. I finally got it started but then i shut it off and tried to start it again but it would only crank. Any ideas what is wrong with it ?

Its a 1997 F350 automatic trans, has a bully dog 6 position chip, DIY intake, and 4" turbo back exhaust.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Have you tried the CPS?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Did you get a CEL light kinda sounds like CPS

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No, no CEL light and i just had the re-call done on the CPS.

·
Premium Member
8,298 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ill change the CPS soon and see what it does.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
were is the best place to buy the CPS? i dont really want to go to ford because they will charge 10 times more then other places.

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
were is the best place to buy the CPS? i dont really want to go to ford because they will charge 10 times more then other places.
Honestly Ford only charges $22 bucks. :thumb:

·
Registered
447 Posts
Call your local dealership. I don't think they are that bad anymore. Been a while since I bought one though. Some of the sponsors have them also. I'd have to go look for them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts