Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I'm new to the forums, and looking for some help. I'm considering buying a truck camper that weighs around 3200lbs, and I want to know if there would be any issues with hauling it around. I'll be the first to admit, I know next to nothing about the 6.0L engine, nor the F250's chassis and capabilities. I just don't want to buy this truck if it wouldn't be recommended to have this type of load in the bed. I imagine it would be fine, but I honestly don't know. That's where you guys come in! Help me out... Here are the details on the truck from the ad...

"2003 Ford F250 Powerstroke Diesel 4x4 Extra Cab Longbed 4 Door.. strong running 6.0 diesel, truck was just serviced and inspected(receipt included), this truck runs and drives better than new, you can take your hands off the steering wheel at 95 mph and she goes straight as an arrow.. fresh oil cg, new injectors, rebuilt ficm, all suspension was updated and detailed, small lift kit, very nice and tasteful custom wheels and tires, upgraded gas shocks with reservoirs, bed-liner, full tow package, custom stereo, no leaks, AC blows hard and ice cold, tinted windows, truck is bad-***!! original factory paint and original cloth XLT upholstery show like new, you can eat off this truck!! the higher mile 6.0's have had the bugs worked out years ago.. when you find a good one, a 6.0 is a great truck!! 210k, runs like a bat otta hell!! books included..."

Any help would be appreciated!

Wes

· Registered
11,286 Posts
Welcome!

I wouldn't buy it. Sounds like they are selling it too hard, and sound childish to me. Suspension kits for towing like you will isn't a good idea either.

How much are they asking?

And how often will you want to use it?

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I elected to stay away from that particular truck, but am now deciding between an 00 F350 7.3 or an 03 F250 6.0 that's been bulletproofed (seeing the truck tonight and finding out what exactly they had done to it). Both trucks are right around $8k. 7.3 is a 6spd manual with 243k miles and the 6.0 is an automatic and has 86k miles on it (1500 miles since bulletproof kit installed). 7.3 has airbags on the rear. It was a smooth ride, and I liked it ok, but when I was drivin it, the truck made a weird noise when I was accelerating just before shifting to a higher gear. It was almost like a grinding or a rattle... Hard to explain really... Anyway, I'm going to be puttin a camper in the back (pic attached) and Will predominantly keep the camper in the bed. I really just need help determining if the 6.0 is worth $7,900 or should I be expecting to put a ton of money in it because of the "problems" I've heard about. And with the 7.3, if it is worth $8,000 and should I be worried about that strange noise...

I need help guys!!

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.