Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well yesterday it wouldn't start, so I assumed it was the batteries. Tried to jump it, nothing. Went and bought two yellow top Optima batteries, about 400$ all said and done. Cleaned the terminals, and put the new ones in. Truck started and ran fine. Went to start it this morning, and it seemed as if the batteries were dead again? but then i noticed when cranking a whining noise came from under the hood, like it wanted to start but didn't have enough power. One thing led to another I see smoke come out, and it smells like somethings burning...AAA towed it to Ford, and now im awaiting their diganostic to see what the hell's going on. I think the starter went out, and my service advisor said there was a recall on it, so hopefully I can get it for free. Cross your fingers gentlemen or i might be screwed, because I only have a powertrain warranty, and nothing else.:dunno: what to do if it's a bigger problem, might have to get rid of her...only had it for 3 weeks!

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
More than likely it's the starter. I had a bad week a couple of weeks ago with starters. Starter went out in my 88 F250 and I have 3 Bobcat 853's and all 3 lost thier starters that same week. Thats 4 starters in 1 week.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh man, I guess you did have it bad with starters. Thanks for the support pal, hope its the starter too. because Im in no position to fork over a ton of cash to make this truck run, it's bad enough with fuel prices, and I wont be hauling loads, which mean I wont be making $ haha sucks for me.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Trucks still broke, Ford has yet to find out what's wrong with her. They think I have a short somewhere? This seems like bull****, I might be getting a Durmax if the problem doesn't go away...

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
trucks alive again! pick her up monday. 3k to repair, haha. Breaks, Rotors, Oil change, Diff. change, Trans. change. Egr valve, starter, new wiring harness.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Sounds like a Chevy or Dodge type of problem. There's no way a Ford is that weak.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Well I have been driving for 40 Years and never did I bring my Trucks to a Dealer while not knowing what is wrong with it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah I am sure it could have been a easy fix, but they had to call someone from International in to figure out the problem. A short in the wiring made the starter malifunction, which led to my truck breaking down on me. Then they noticed my rotors were shot, brake pads had little life on them. Oil change, fuel filters, etc. needed to be replaced so I guess it's normal wear and tear items. not a big deal, just 3k worth of repairs sorta sucks.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Duramax??? I had my truck in getting studs, a good bud loaned me his 07 dually 3500 4x4 duramax... it beat walking, it rode real soft and cushy, :hehe: and was decent all around, I appreciated it... but it was nice to get back in a truck! .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts