Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i took out my edge and put my truck back to stock. i am putting gauges and the SCT X3 in tomorrow. i drove to work and a weird sound was coming from the turbo when i was going up hill, and puffs of black smoke coming out of the exshaust. what should i do:dunno:

·
Premium Member
9,392 Posts
you have two things which could e happening , either the egr valve is sticking or turbo is sticking , get codes pulled and that will lead you in the right direction, is this truck under warranty if it is , just take it in

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
also white smoke comes out of the exhaust this was happing before the noise what could that mean

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the sound first happend a month a go when i first put the edge on and it stoped after about 10 mile and nothing after that until today once i took it off. the white smoke started a few days ago and it only happend twice and then it went to black smoke. do you think i really jacked up my truck or is this an easy fix

·
Premium Member
9,392 Posts
white smoke out of a 6.0 will not be head gasket , possible egr cooler blown out , or egr valve hung open, the egr valve hung open will cause a bad internal vacuum leak which will inturn cause the pcm to compensate and give excessive fuel, white smoke as said before , head gasket issue will only cause puking from degas bottle, sounds like to me you need to reove the egr valve and inspect it , see if its wet or just hung open , if it is wet egr cooler , if its dry and hung open , needs replacing

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
where is the egr valve located at. my first powerstroke dont know to much sorry for the dumb questions

·
Premium Member
9,392 Posts
there is no dumb questions , the egr valve is located right in front of where the oil filter is changed , its a round sensor with a 5 wire connector going to it and two 8 mm bolts holding it down, if this truck is under warranty just take it in and let them fix it

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
im not sure if it is under warrenty i bought it a 3 months ago its a 03 with 31k from a private seller

1 - 9 of 9 Posts