Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which to use?

I tow v. heavily rarely, but sometimes. I offroad rarely, but sometimes. I tow light (10k or less) regularly.

I've read a bit, but curious as to thoughts and more importantly, firsthand experiences.

Vendors, if you read this, please provide a quote for the 10.5," 3.73 rear end total rebuild setup.

Thanks for the help so far in the other thread,

Greg

·
Premium Member
13,264 Posts
If you get a locker, get a selectable one. A selectable is the way to go but is more expensive than a tru trac. I have heard nothing but good things about the tru trac and I plan on getting one in the near future.

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
For what you are doing a tru trac is all you will ever need man. Unless you plan on building your truck up throwing some big mud tires on it and go rock crawling or mud boggin. The tru trac is perfect for your needs.

I recommended it because I have used it. Not in my superduty but in trucks I have built. When my rearend goes out. I plan on doing the rebuild I recommended to you in your other thread. The only other thing you could do is get bigger axle shafts with a higher spline count. But your not breaking axle shafts. So no need to upgrade those.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sounds good, just checking b/c I was reading tons of old posts and some were swearing up and down on a full locker and some were cursing the tru trac.

I'll prolly go the trutrac route......gotta pull the thing apart tomorrow AM and see whats going on inside the pumpkin....bleh.

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
I run one and love it .. if I didn't tow at all I might go with a straight up detroit locker but I tow a lot

1 - 5 of 5 Posts