Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys thinking about buying a new truck and love the 08+ looks and options but one thing, i would want to delete the dpf and cat etc. So my question is has anyone had any problems with the law with inspection, getting stopped or any instances and ticketed or fined or is it pretty much dont act stupid and you shouldnt have problems kind of deal?

Any input is appreciated and thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
A lot of it depends on where you are and how you act. If your out running a smokey tune and blowing smoke everywhere you go, then you are putting yourself out there to get pulled over. Kind of the same if your in an emissions strict area, like California or near a big city like Atlanta, GA

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
Im with 08stroker250 response. your biggest hurdle will probably be your local emissions law.
then pretty much behaving as much as possible.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies.

Im from texas and my county only does a "safety inspection" and they barely do that. I dont drive crazy just like the new looks and the ease of building power vs my 7.3.

Are there any guys who go through houston with dpf deleted trucks and have problems with their emissions? i drive through houston a lot during hunting season.

·
Registered
577 Posts
They never said anything to me about it when I had it inspected last year, law dogs never seem to bother anyone about it either.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Nope besides the fact I have gotten pulled over for going 4mph and less over the speed limit now 3 times in this truck over the past 6-7 months... each time I laugh and sign the paper. Either they are jealous of my truck or think I am trafficing drugs.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Are there any guys who go through houston with dpf deleted trucks and have problems with their emissions? i drive through houston a lot during hunting season.[/QUOTE]

Drive through Houston almost daily. Knock on wood, no issues.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts