Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I was towing home yesterday and the truck started to get a rough engine vibration at low rpm and idle. It is an 06 F-250 with a Bully Dog triple downloader on it. Everything else is bone stock. So I ran the engine DTC this morning and it comes back as U0231. I went to the Bully Dog site and they have nothing listed as a DTC code starting with U. The truck has 46000 miles on it. They do have a P0231 listed as a Fuel Pump secondary circuit low.
Would this be the same code as I can't find anything with the U0231 code. Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Joe

·
Premium Member
14,493 Posts
U0231 Lost Communication With Rain Sensoring Module

That's what I found.:dunno:

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
hey there, I get nonsense codes to. I have the same tuner as you do, and I get random codes with no definition all the time. I don't think that code means much. It is the "P" or powertrain codes that define the worst of problems. Maybe the vibration is from an injector starting to drop out?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey guys thanks for the response. I unhooked the Bully Dog and drove it around a little yesterday and now the check engine light is coming on and the run around idle and low rpm is getting worse. I will have to get it back to the dealer I just really don't like the going for 2 weeks until they can get it in to look at it.

Thanks again,

Joe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts