Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im New to these forms I’m hoping someone can help me out with a proble on my truck I just bought ! So I got a 2001 excursion it has roughly 340k miles on it . So the problem that it has is that when it’s plugged into the block heater it starts no problem, I let it sit up without it plugged up maybe like two days and it refuses to start. I can keep cranking and cranking and it wants to catch and start but it keeps stumbling on itself and blowing smoke out the exhaust pipe . I just installed new gp and gps still no help when it finally starts it runs like it’s got a skip and run just really rough. When it warms up it clears up and drives fine . The hpop res is like 2-3 inches from the top when it sits .after I crank it or let it sit for a day it’s almost at the top, icp at cranking is around 600 psi when I let off from cranking it drops pretty rapidly. I replaced the fuel filter as well and I don’t know really what else to do I feel like it’s a injector that is just shot ??? Any help would be great!

·
Registered
83 Posts
I would look into the shims for the injectors. I put them in last year, and it cleared up the same problem. If you search on line they show you how to test each injector with a feeler gauge. Good luck!

·
Registered
8,458 Posts
Before you start throwing money and parts of it read the superduty diagnostics on the cheap thread and choose a set up that suits your style and budget.

You need to see what your IPR and ICP reading are at minimum when cranking. Also please please say you used motorcraftow plugs? The off bra said have a bad reputation for stripping when you got to remove them or tips melting off

·
Registered
83 Posts
Sorry! Yes I agree with Justin0009. I was assuming you had already gone through the other tests.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts