Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, Hope someone can help. I have a 04 Ex 6.0 auto 4x4. It started a couple of weeks ago. Having trouble getting it out of park. It is getting worse by the day. Everytime I get in it is taking up to 30 times or more of depressing the brake to get it to shift. Steering wheel is not in a bind and it doesn't make a difference if it is on flat ground or hill. Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hope you get a reply because I'm having the same problem. Haven't checked yet but one post with the same problem was a loose mount under the dash. Tighten the mount and fixed the problem.

·
Premium Member
11,892 Posts
The switch that releases the lock is probably bad. Just an FYI, you can also get it out of park if you turn the key to where all the lights come on on your dash and barely turn it back to where the lights go off. You can then pull it out of park and put it in neutral so you can start the truck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, It appears to be the electronic switch attached to the pedal. I was able to push on it with my finger and it released. Local dealership quoted replacement switch for $29.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts