Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
682 Posts
23 pounds, 11 inch beard, 1-1/4 inch spurs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What’s the matter, don’t you like turkey hunting? If you do, you should let your face know! :grin: A long time ago my brother used to straight face all his hunting and fishing pictures also. The pictures in his photo album led me to believe that hunting and fishing made him constipated. He has not taken a trophy picture without smiling since I razzed him about it for well over 25yrs now. In all honesty the expression on your face makes you look like your wife made you hold her purse at a truck pull..
BTL
My bad!
Really nice bird! I have not shot a turkey in over 10 years... SAD!

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
Does it count if they aren't dead? Damn things are pests around here. These are all from my yard. They hang out almost every day.

·
Premium Member
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Reef Donkeys LOL

·
Premium Member
2,171 Posts
Drew an antelope tag in SE Oregon this year! Will hopefully have another speed goat to add to the wall!! A couple scouting trips left before season starts on the 10th!

-jokester

·
Premium Member
2,171 Posts
Antelope down!! Killed a nice buck this morning. We got a late start yesterday and didn't get to my camp spot till 0100 this morning. Quick sleep, out of bed at 0500, 20190810_070946_1565484219105.jpg and buck down by 0700! I love it when a plan comes together. We hadn't even setup camp yet LOL

-jokester

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,171 Posts
Got lucky again this morning and killed this fat forked horn blacktail. He was dogging a doe when I shot him. Chalk up another long range shot for the .300 Wby Mag - 22yards. I thought about just throwing my rifle at him...

-jokester

·
Registered
77 Posts
10 pt I shot in November. The big 8 I’ve been playing cat and mouse with for 3 seasons came by 15 min prior for a quick moment but did not offer a good shot opportunity. This guy was no 2 on the hit list but I actually thought he was big boy when I saw him head on... proud to get him and thankful for a the first daytime glimpse of the other.

·
Registered
77 Posts

The missed opportunities. One under my lock on, other day was 30 min before I showed up at my box for afternoon hunt.

He lived, but I noticed beginning of January some guys “squirrel hunting” about an hour after dark. A deer that in 3 years never captured on camera looking for corn or rice bran, just after the does that were... was gorging on it. Several nights in a row for 1-2 hours. Over the past three weeks I’ve gotten more pics than last three years combined as this deer has proven to be camera savvy and shy not one to linger or frequent an area he noticed the IR flash or heard the click... Noticed he has no use of his front leg and back arched which tells me he’s in pain/discomfort. After looking closer at the couple hundred photos I got this month (compared to about 30 over 3 years before) it is clear he has a wound consistent with squirrel shot or I expect a .22 from a “coon hunter.” It’s a shame some people show that little respect for an animal as beautiful as that or who knows how many others; just hate to see a deer that I accepted had proven to outmatch me (many times circling me in a thicket after hearing my grunt or rattling but too slick to reveal himself ) and respected the animal for that - potentially end up going to coyotes after existing in this condition for over a month.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts