Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Wondering if anyone has had this problem:

2011 Lariat 350.........Went to the Trip screen and reset Trip 1. Then tried to reset Trip 2 and I got an orange outline rectangular box with a black center on the screen overriding the regular screen. When I push the "OK" button it says it resets correctly, but I can't see any numbers. I have turned the key off and started it again but the screen is the same. Any Ideas?

Thanks,
Bruce

·
Registered
154 Posts
I'm trying not to reset trip 2 on my truck for as long as I own it...one way to keep track of the number of litres of fuel used...so I'm not going there...maybe a computer glitch that your dealer can reboot/install?

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
I'd try disconnecting your batteries for a couple minutes before you head in to the dealer. Your transmission will have to re-learn but if they reflashed it at the dealer you'd have the same problem.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK.......I disconnected both batteries for a couple minutes and it didn't work. When I turned the key on I noticed the radio and dash still had the old info in it. I thought it would be erased. I disconnected the batteries again for 20 minutes. The Trip 2 is fixed now, however the dash and radio still has memory of what was in it. Must have a chip for memory. Thanks mor4wd for the advise. I feel a lot better.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I had the same problem with trip one. Gave it a day and it cleared on its own. glad to see the disconnect fixed your problem

·
Mod Newbie
11,881 Posts
If you want everything cleared, disconnect the batteries and then touch the positive and negative cable ends together. MAKE SURE BOTH BATTERIES ARE DISCONNECTED! Doing this will drain the memory that is stored in the modules.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have noticed the same orange box. When I hit the enter (center key) it goes away. I believe it is a "Pause" feature that allows you to pause the trip, hour, etc.. It would be useful if you were recording mileage for work purposes & wanted to take a side trip. (not get fired for falsifying.....) I hit it by accident & all metering stops. Hit the enter key again & everything is back on. Just my experience..

·
Premium Member
1,786 Posts
Same with mine. Quick hit the ok button and it pauses trip. Long press and it resets.
So that's what it does! I'll try it. If I just tap it, orange screen. Hold it, then it resets:thumb:

·
Registered
25 Posts
its a pause for the trip.... read the manual its covered in there, also i believe double pressing the ok button quickly will pause and un pause it!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts