Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after reading numerous post on the topic I decided to pull my EGR valve out and take a look and clean it. I went to the dealership and got the o-ring kit and a bottle of carb cleaner and went home to start. Well after a couple of hours of pulling turning wiggleing and alot of cussing I still have yet to get the valve out. I put the two bolts back in plugged it back up and said the heck with it I will run the truck till I need a new one I guess. Everything I read said they are a pain to get out but I would have never fathomed it would be this hard any tips would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
I got a long screwdriver and wedged it underneath the valve I believe on the passenger side under the belt. It was a b!tch to get out, which in line with your previous statement probably means you would need a new one. I just cut a section of the actuator pin out of mine, and welded the valves to the body.

·
Premium Member
14,491 Posts
Are the 6.0 ones that more difficult than the ones in a 7.3?:dunno: Mine was a pain to hold the clip out and pull up but other than that it came right out, no issues.

·
Premium Member
11,178 Posts
Well after reading numerous post on the topic I decided to pull my EGR valve out and take a look and clean it. I went to the dealership and got the o-ring kit and a bottle of carb cleaner and went home to start. Well after a couple of hours of pulling turning wiggleing and alot of cussing I still have yet to get the valve out. I put the two bolts back in plugged it back up and said the heck with it I will run the truck till I need a new one I guess. Everything I read said they are a pain to get out but I would have never fathomed it would be this hard any tips would be appreciated.

Take a gander at the EGR post here:

http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/ge...o/47451-tank-teaching-anyone-wanna-learn.html

Are the 6.0 ones that more difficult than the ones in a 7.3?:dunno: Mine was a pain to hold the clip out and pull up but other than that it came right out, no issues.
I don't remember the 7.3 having a EGR valve. I guess it would be difficult (or REALLY easy)! :rofl::rofl:

I kid.. I kid..

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have never pulled one out of a 7.3 but I am here to tell you it is a pain in the 6.0.

·
Premium Member
11,178 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,491 Posts
I was messing with her. I think she is talking about her EBPV sensor. There isn't a EGR system on the 7.3. It was one of the reasons they dropped the 7.3 for the 6.0.. emission laws.
Sorry that's what I meant. I think?

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
The egr valve is very hard to get out because the o-rings fit very tight and there is not much room to get prybars in there.

An easy way to remove it is to remove the bolts, then rotate the egr valve slightly so you have access to the tabs, use a piece of heavy wire and loop it through both tabs on the egr valve so you can make a handle like a bucket has, then you can put a long bar or a broom handle through the wire and pull it straight up.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
PHP:
Take a gander at the EGR post here:

TANK IS TEACHING,...anyone wanna learn?
Best way.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
PHP:
An easy way to remove it is to remove the bolts, then rotate the egr valve slightly so you have access to the tabs, use a piece of heavy wire and loop it through both tabs on the egr valve so you can make a handle like a bucket has, then you can put a long bar or a broom handle through the wire and pull it straight up. 

1 - 10 of 10 Posts