Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I'm going to be making another trip from Sioux city Iowa to San Antonio and I need to find hotels with parking set up for a rig my size (basically a semi) across Kansas. I see allot of places that say "truck parking" but I have tried a couple of those and found that what they really mean is moving truck or pickup with really small trailer. So any idea as to where I can find out which ones have real semi parking? is there a website or something? any ideas? TIA

·
Registered
13 Posts
When I'm driving one of my work trucks (F550 with a 40ft J&M header trailer) I'm right around 65ft long. To make matters worse the J&M trailers are a tricycle front, so backing them up is near impossible. When I'm trying to find hotels I try to find stuff thats near the outskirts of town. They usually have larger parking lots. If I'm still unsure I'll do a "drive by" to see how large the parking lot is and how full it is. In some cases I've tried to find places on the street where I can park and check the parking lot out. Very rarely have I ever run into a problem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts