Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well I have been having a lil bit of a problem with my Transmission when I start it up 1st thing when the truck has sat for at least 5-6 hours it wants to slip once the truck warms up its fine so I took it to a local transmission shop they pulled the code on it and said I had a bad D selenoid so they replaced it and it kept doing it so they called ford tech support and they think from the codes it is throwing and what its doing that I have a hair line crack in the drum so I have to go so they can do a pressure test on it to see if that is whats it is and if it is they have to a do a total rebuild :doh:

·
Premium Member
19,112 Posts
Mine does that too when it is cold and running a tune, but doesn't do it when it's stock. I just let it warm up and everything is fine. Keep us posted, Ricky.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Mine does the same thing as well. I just let mine sit at least five minutes and after shifting through the gears a couple times it is smooth and warmed up. I do find it slipping sometimes while hammering it on my extreme tune. It doesn't do it everytime, in fact, it doesn't do it more than it does. If this gets worse I am looking at upgrading it. What would be my best choice as to what to upgrade?

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
about whats the cost on ATS

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine does that too when it is cold and running a tune, but doesn't do it when it's stock. I just let it warm up and everything is fine. Keep us posted, Ricky.
I wonder I have not gone mack to stock so I don't know if it does it then

I will be putting it back to stock in about a week to get my studs done so we will see

·
Premium Member
19,112 Posts
about whats the cost on ATS
I would caution you on using ATS for your 5R110 build... Ammo22 has had several issues with his and it's been a painful process for him to get them to honor the warranty. You may want to PM him for the particulars.

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was thinking I might just have this shop rebuild it with some stronger parts they are a really good family friend and they stand behind there work that way if something happens down the road they can take care of it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts