Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Within the last week or two, my truck (2006 F-250) has begun to make and odd shuddering/vibration at different times. As I am coming to a stop, the transmission clunks and shudders at speeds <15 mph. Addistionally, when gradually accelerating, a stronger than normal vibration can be felt. When driving at highway speeds, if I am coasting, and start to accelerate, more shuddering and vibration can be felt until I’ve given enough fuel to really propel the truck. Reading other posts, some people chalk this up to engine misfire or u-joints etc. However, if I put the truck into neutral as I am slowing down for example, the shuddering disappears, which in my mind leads my to the transmission. I checked the fluid, which still should have a lot of mileage left in it, and it was still light red. Any help or thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Greg Melone

·
Administrator
29,323 Posts
if I put the truck into neutral as I am slowing down for example, the shuddering disappears, which in my mind leads my to the transmission
takes the load of the motor
many times a shutter will be injectors
clunks not so much
short of diagnostics i would do the simple Archoil 9100 trial

to see if it changes at all

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Hi,
Within the last week or two, my truck (2006 F-250) has begun to make and odd shuddering/vibration at different times. As I am coming to a stop, the transmission clunks and shudders at speeds Thanks,
Greg Melone
Have you checked your Ujoints? How about your pinion bearing? If you grab your driveshaft at the pinion and push/pull up,down,left,right do you have any play?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Reactions: ZMANN
1 - 3 of 3 Posts