Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The e4od finally quit and is in the queue at the shop waiting to be rebuilt. This is my daily driver mostly, most of my towing is less than 5000lbs but I do occasionally tow 10,000. I want to do this right the first time but I'm not sure what torque converter to choose, builder talked about installing Tugger kit and flushing out the trans cooler.

Since the trans is coming out it seems like a good time to upgrade to bellow uppipes while trans is out. Anything else to do while trans is out?

Truck is 1995 f250 4x4, 6637 intake, 3" DP to 4in exhaust, Hydra tuner w canned tunes, will be getting 160/0 injectors next spring.

Thanks for any advice

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Vendor
I have everything in stock what you are looking for. As far as your local builder, he should know what converter to use for you application and should have access to buy it. I would have him install a larger cooler vs back flushing a really old and very small factory cooler.

FORD OEM 26 ROW TRANSMISSION COOLER - 5C3Z7A095CA This is actually a direct bolt in, but there is a very slight modification to do on the hose routing.

If he doesn't find a decent converter, then we have this option.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts