Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any way to totally eliminate the adaptive learning these transmissions do? I can handle a firm (not slam hard) shift all the time if I knew the truck would shift every gear all the time. Nothing I can't stand more then driving around town all week, then having a truck roll up next to me on a friday night knowing my truck is not going to make a shift right full throttle. Its not like you can say hold on a minute while I do a trans relearn lol. I'm not asking for it to be done in a mass produced tune. Just wondering if it is something that can be done at all? Maybe by one of the up coming Spartan custom tuners? How do the Suncoast trans handle the same thing? Does the shift kit help that issue? Has anyone tried a shift kit in a stock trans?

Yes, I know the correct answer is buy a trans and forget about it. But my converter and trans are still holding strong. Only 4 rpm slip on the spartan 350 tune yesterday. I just assume run it till it gives up and then get a new one.

·
Registered
166 Posts
My truck did the same thing around 45mph it would slam out of gear.If you do a few wot runs back to back the truck will shift smooth after.And ive never heard of anybody that could delete the trans learn

1 - 2 of 2 Posts