Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,181 Posts
i asked about this a while back, riffraff sells them, but everyone who replied said it wasnt a good idea.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didnt think it was to bad a price for a bigger pan with cooling duckts . Im having trouble finding a 6.0 trans cooler so i thought this might do the job instead.

·
Registered
3,181 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Transmission pan and cooler

You can get the pan cheaper at Summit Racing or Riffraff (if they have the newer black version).

I don't think the pan is a bad idea in conjunction with a better cooler, but not a substitute for a better cooler. I just scored a used 6.0 cooler out of a salvaged truck for $45 (I made sure to flush it and everything). If you shop around at a salvage yard you might score one too, however, buying used you do buy at your own risk. But mine has worked out great so far. At the very least, spend the money an a Tru-Cool 4739 MAX from Dieselsite. I will tell you one thing, I was surprised at just how big the 6.0L cooler is. I didn't realize until I saw it in person. It is at least 3-4 times the size of the stock cooler.

http://www.dieselsite.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=205

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I need to do something to my truck. The tranny is running at about 170 with it empty and 185 with a couple of tonnes on it. Im going to look at getting a new tranny as well i think. The only problem is that i am in australia so i have to fine a company to ship here. Dieselsite dose so thats all good, Just trying to track down a good trasmission now.

·
Registered
3,181 Posts
off topic but dont they have bada55 4 cylinder diesels in austrailia? I read somewhere that there are no emission laws or something there and that they have diesels there much smaller than whats in our trucks puttin out the same and more power

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yer 99% of trucks are small 4 cylinder diesels. We got the superdutys from 2001 to 2005 with the 7.3 and 4.2 diesel , and a 5.4 petrol. Then the emissions laws stopped them from comming in to ozz.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts