Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys. i have a 2000 7.3 250 and i wanted to know if anyone knew any transmission mods. cuz when i put the pedal to the floor, it does not want to shift until waaaaay late. it red lines for a really long time and then it shifts. im scared to surge my turbo and mess up the tranny. i have a tw chip on it. also my tow light on my shifter nob flashes at me when i race someone. it happens when the tranny is actin up. anyone know what the deal is:icon_ford:? thanks guys

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
Most likely your going to need a rebuild. The O/D light flashing is like the cel for the engine. The trans has thrown a trouble code. How ever you can not read these codes with a standard code reader. I suggest you take it to a trans shop and have it diagnosed.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Hain a similar problem, trannys are EXPENSIVE. CRAP!

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
i just replaced my torque converter and input shaft. Wouldnt it be okay if i just replaced those?
Your tc maybe fine. But the internals maybe causing your problem. I would still suggest having it checked out by a shop. It maybe nothing more then an electrical problem with one of the sensors or solenoids.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
alrighty. does it cost anything to get it checked? and what would i ask them to look for? thanks for helpin me out

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
Tell them what is going on. Most likely they will charge you for the diagnoses but most shops waive this cost if you elect them to repair the problem.

They will do all the diagnostic tests they can and they will find a problem. The cost usually is around 100 dollars.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts