Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased my first new truck vs used. It’s a 2019 F250 Diesel Superduty. I first started having issues at 55000 miles mildly. At 58000 miles I took in for an oil change at Bolivar Mo Ford dealership to get oil change and told them it was hesitating to shift out of 4th gear and would shift hard on occasion 6 to 5 when slowing down on an incline. They test drove claiming they didn’t see any issues and not throwing any codes. At 62000 miles shifted hard and engine light came on. Took it back up and they claimed it was EGR and not under warranty. I took it out to Marshfield Ford where I purchased it even though you should be able to go to closest dealership. They claimed couldn’t find any issues with transmission. Replaced EGR and still same issues with transmission. Took back several times about transmission issues and they kept replacing sensors and other engine parts. Claimed they opened a ticket with Ford warranty department. I am now at 120,000 miles, I’m busy working and traveling. Transmission getting worse Ford doing nothing. Took to transmission shop and he started probably programming. Ford will probably have a recall notice in about 3 years. Recommends I replace throttle body. What do You recommend?
Now definitely out of 60000 and 100000 mile warranties. Warranty department doesn’t return phone calls

·
Registered
1 Posts
I purchased my first new truck vs used. It’s a 2019 F250 Diesel Superduty. I first started having issues at 55000 miles mildly. At 58000 miles I took in for an oil change at Bolivar Mo Ford dealership to get oil change and told them it was hesitating to shift out of 4th gear and would shift hard on occasion 6 to 5 when slowing down on an incline. They test drove claiming they didn’t see any issues and not throwing any codes. At 62000 miles shifted hard and engine light came on. Took it back up and they claimed it was EGR and not under warranty. I took it out to Marshfield Ford where I purchased it even though you should be able to go to closest dealership. They claimed couldn’t find any issues with transmission. Replaced EGR and still same issues with transmission. Took back several times about transmission issues and they kept replacing sensors and other engine parts. Claimed they opened a ticket with Ford warranty department. I am now at 120,000 miles, I’m busy working and traveling. Transmission getting worse Ford doing nothing. Took to transmission shop and he started probably programming. Ford will probably have a recall notice in about 3 years. Recommends I replace throttle body. What do You recommend?
Now definitely out of 60000 and 100000 mile warranties. Warranty department doesn’t return phone calls
So I actually had a very similar issue recently with my 2017. The transmission would downshift super hard. My truck is deleted however so I reprogrammed the TCM and havent had an issue in over 5,000 miles. I have over 20,000 miles since I deleted it and the first 15,000 miles were super smooth. Not sure why it randomly started doing it but new TCM solved the issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have same issues!!! Own a 2017 F550, 6.7, 4x4, dually. I commute to project about 80 miles each way. 9 times out of 10, after that length of drive time, transmission skips 2nd on downshift, and slams hard into 1st, and it started skipping 2nd on upshift as well. Truck has been in shop for 3 months, 2 different dealerships, and they don't have a clue. It appears Ford doesn't train its techs to actually diagnose and solve problems anymore. Very frustrated, I own a work truck I can't use, because manufacturer won't stand by warranty they sold me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts