Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else see high tran temps when towing? This is my 4th Ford superduty and I have never owned a truck where the transmission temp climbs higher then the coolant temp. However the Ford gauge doesnt seem to think 238 is hot while my coolant temp very rarely exceeds 220. Im thinking of adding a transcooler to be safe.
Anyfeed back would be great
Thanks, Eric

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ez lynx ppei trans issues

Anyone else using a EX lynx with PPEI tuning having trans issues?
The issues I have is the trans shifts into 6th gear very fast and it takes alot to get it to shift down. When towing I manually shift it sometimes.
Also when going from park to in gear it will free wheel sometimes.
Last when going downhill with the exhaust brake on it will kick off part way down.
I did take it to ford they reflashed the trans computer which fixed the freewheeling and exhaust brake for about one month and now its back.

Maybe try a different tuner or???
Thanks Eric

·
Premium Member
11,671 Posts
6.7L temps run hot. There's nothing wrong with the temps you posted.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Those temps are fine as Heavy stated. PPEI isn't really a crowd favorite around here and have been known to cause tranny issues. Entirely up to you if you want to try something else.

·
Registered
3 Posts
ez lynx ppei trans issues

Anyone else using a EX lynx with PPEI tuning having trans issues?
The issues I have is the trans shifts into 6th gear very fast and it takes alot to get it to shift down. When towing I manually shift it sometimes.
Also when going from park to in gear it will free wheel sometimes.
Last when going downhill with the exhaust brake on it will kick off part way down.
I did take it to ford they reflashed the trans computer which fixed the freewheeling and exhaust brake for about one month and now its back.

Maybe try a different tuner or???
Thanks Eric
Get away from ppei !! Not hating I’m on 2nd transmission and I just broke 30k miles. I asked for a new tune for hard shifts and now I can’t get out of 5th gear. Was told it’s mechanical now so the help is gone. Wasn’t much help when asking about first trans mission which I chalked up to a fluke. Then started hearing about ppei and trans. I’m not saying it’s facts but.... it happens to me. I uploaded new tune and it shut down. Now getting random codes about air ride (I don’t have). And a P0974 P0753

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.