Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
2017 f350 drw 6.7 馃
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2017 has a little over 42000 on the clock. Checked the fluid last service and it was black. Also issue started with lagging shifts, felt like truck was towing a trailer, and when it got over 200* it wouldn't creep role with out throttle input. So took to bell ford in arizona. was told there gonna have it for 14 days to diagnose :rolleyes:. Then get phone call saying that they need to do fluid flush. Ok understandable but the service wrighter goes to say that reprogramming it and the fluid flush is normal maintenance and should be done at 30k. So needless to say here come the up charges. The manual says 150k even under extreme duty should be at least 60k. O and the contaminated fluid is normal apparently. So needless to say they didn't fix anything doesn't explain why it's like that in the first place. I've had a bunch of ford diesels and do service on trucks that run alot harder than this truck. This truck gets driven on weekends hasn't had trailer on it sense I've owned it. Sad to say haven't had timeThe fluid at 200k looks alot Better than this one does at 42k. So getting to question is I'm thinking it's the torque converter going 馃? Any other thoughts?
Wood Gesture Finger Thumb Font

Registered
You shouldnt have to do a fluid flush. The drive train has a 50,000 mile warranty and the dealer is just trying to get money out of you. They need to test the transmission before they change fluid. it may need a software update under warranty. I would find another dealer. My dealer is 25 miles away and I have one in town but they suck.

Registered
The fluid normally turns that muddy maroon color quickly and is normal. On the other hand I do not agree with leaving the factory fluid in for 150,000 miles especially if you tow or plow.

Registered
2017 f350 drw 6.7 馃
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Completely agree if these trucks are worked should be between 60k to 120k. But shouldn't be at 30k or even 40k. We usually do 60k to 80k axle, coolant, Hydraulic if no leaks or 300 to 400 hours depending on use. 100k to 110k for transmission.
Needless to say picked truck up it's going to another dealership in 2 weeks they want me to put some miles on it to make sure the relearn and what ever recall reflash didn't fix it. Got paperwork back they forced flashed it twice and road tested both times. I noticed it was hard shifting in 1 and 2nd as soon as drove off the lot. now the filling like it was towing all time is gone so good there. The trans is also running 5 to 10 degrees hotter. Unfortunately didn't notice till I got home there was oil all over my passenger door and caked on to the under carriage.
I thought this was kinda funny. My father inlaw had both batteries die. So thinking still under warranty takes to nearest Ford. Happens to be them. They try to charge him over 600 closer to 700 for 2 batteries. Needless to say he didn't have them do it. There 138 on ford website. Even though you can get AGMs at Walmart for 88 a piece and can get back 12 dollars a piece with core with 3 year.
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Bumper Automotive exterior Tints and shades

1 - 6 of 6 Posts