Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2017 F250 Loaded KR 3k miles

When idling in park on flat ground, if I shift from park to drive, the truck lunges backwards, then forwards.

It's almost like it fully engages reverse and then goes into drive.

I'm shifting in a smooth fluid movement.

Only does it every 5th or 6th time from park to drive.

Anyone else noticed this?

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump to the top

·
Registered
7 Posts
My 2017 F450 does the same thing. Perfectly flat ground. Drivetrain is not preloaded up against a curb or anything. Happens in both forward and reverse gears. Engages super hard. And if your foot is not applying adequate pressure on the brake, it will lunge pretty significantly. I could image someone with a bad back having a real problem with it. Gives a good jerk. Also want to make sure you don't park too close to a wall or another vehicle. Heaven forbid someone is walking in front or behind the truck when you shift into gear.

Curious if anyone else has had this fixed. I'm currently at 23,000 miles. Being a service advisor for another brand and working closely with technicians, I don't trust many of them have the knowledge to identify the source of the concern. (Not to dig on you techs out there, but the experienced ones know what I'm talking about. I've been an advisor for 18 years and know more about the cars we service than half the techs in the shop.) I don't want to be the gineau pig at my local dealership. I'm willing to take it in when I have assurance there is a known fix.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having a very similar problem. I have been to dealership twice. I have 2018 f250 powerstroke. It surges when goes from park to gear. It is also like so occasionally make noises. This is very inconsistent problem. I have 7500 miles on truck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts