1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
its good, you tax them oil companies more they well make it back up by raising prices more. definitely not the right way to go about this, politicians really baffle me sometimes when will us people be a special interest group??????????????????

·
Registered
792 Posts
its good, you tax them oil companies more they well make it back up by raising prices more. definitely not the right way to go about this, politicians really baffle me sometimes when will us people be a special interest group??????????????????
BINGO!! Lowering their taxes reduces the financial burden on Middle America. It's simply Trickle-Down Economics. Wish the Liberals would pull their heads out of their asses and realize this.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
We are hurting as a country. We're hurting individually as Americans ... and the other side says, `Do nothing. Don't even debate the issue,'" complained Sen. Charles Schumer, D-N.Y.

No read this link .: United States Senator Ted Stevens :: Newsroom :.

Take note of this part

There is one way to get the price of oil down and it's two words--Saudi Arabia. If they were to increase by 800,000 barrels per day, the price would come down probably 35 to 50 cents a gallon. That's a lot.” Senator Schumer NY

Now, why would 800,000 barrels of Saudi oil reduce gas prices 50 cents a gallon and 1 million barrels of American-produced oil from our State reduce the price at the pump only a penny? Sen Stevens AK

Now, why would anybody want to dabate or discuss anything with a lieing dumbazz like that?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Congress imposed a windfall profit tax on big oil in 1980. US oil production went down, imports went up. It did not help the USA then it will not help us now. It was repealed in 1986 I believe. And now with the ecomomy hurting they want to do it again, a**holes.

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Why would a million barrels of american produced oil only reduce the price 1 cent?

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
That's New York math I guess.

Why is it a state with as many people that NY has, has to settle for Schumer, and to top that off, has to import their other Senator from Arkansas.:doh::doh::dunno:

You know how to confuse a lib?
answer: tell them a few facts!:hehe::hehe::hehe:

·
Registered
792 Posts
Congress imposed a windfall profit tax on big oil in 1980. US oil production went down, imports went up. It did not help the USA then it will not help us now. It was repealed in 1986 I believe. And now with the ecomomy hurting they want to do it again, a**holes.
Exactly! And that's Irack Hussein Osama is trying to pass.

Instead, McCain knows what he is doing and realizes that if we give Big Oil a tax break, that pass it on down to the middle American. It is simply Trickle Down Economics. I can't say this enough.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts