Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there a certin wire that goes from the back of the trans temp guage to the sender in the transmisssion? or will a reg piece of wire work? Thanks

·
Desert Shield/Storm Vet
9,092 Posts
The sender that came with my guages had two wires and a wire plug. What brand is your gauge?

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
is there a certin wire that goes from the back of the trans temp guage to the sender in the transmisssion? or will a reg piece of wire work? Thanks
On my AutoMeter gauges, I used a length of 18ga wire I got from NAPA with a solderless ring terminal. There's a screw/bolt on most sending units you pull out, & install the ring terminal with the wire crimped into it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My guages are auto meter. i put a 18 guage wire on it and it works great. thank for your help. i do have one other question tho. what are guages supposed to read/ i have a second trans cooler and a shift kit. my trans runs about 125 at 70. thanks

·
Desert Shield/Storm Vet
9,092 Posts
Without a load anywhere from 60-80 degrees over outside ambient temps.

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
My guages are auto meter. i put a 18 guage wire on it and it works great. thank for your help. i do have one other question tho. what are guages supposed to read/ i have a second trans cooler and a shift kit. my trans runs about 125 at 70. thanks
The weather in RI is between 55-70deg. lately, & my trans temp. runs @ about 120-125 under cruising speeds. There was a couple of days it got over 170; one of the days was when it hit 80deg outside & the other times was from screwing around on the highway in L6:burnout!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts