Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2001 powerstroke, where is the best/common location to mount a tranny temp gauge. Truck has guage but is not working. We are trying to troubleshoot previous wiring. any tips on? It is an autometer NV plain jane guage.

·
Premium Member
18,040 Posts
since you have the edge, I would either get a single gauge pillar, or get the one that goes around the steering column.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sorry, had to clarify more. It is a different truck. 2001 F350 4X4 with a 3 pillar Autometer pod.

·
Premium Member
18,040 Posts
oh, thats ok man. Like I said before, I dont know if there is a temp sender port on the 6 speeds. Maybe someone with a manual trans will chime in and answer that for you. I know alot of people only have the trans gauge if they are running an auto trans.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
guy got rid of truck so I guess it doesnt matter anymore, o well thanks anyway man

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
Old thread I know,,,,,,,,,,,, I have a 2002 7.3 and have the factory trans temp gauge but want to put a real one in so that I can monitor the actual temp. The factory one seems like it never moves. Has anyone added a temp gauge to their existing one? I also have a 2 pod gauge set up on my A pillar with Pyro and Boost. I really don’t wanna mess with that but will need a new spot for the new trans temp gauge. Any cool ideas with pics for that would be awesome, Thx!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts