Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think my trans is done. Slipping in and out of gear, tow/haul light flashing and won't go into 5th. I'd like to get the job done locally. So want should I have done to it so this doesn't happen again? Like what do I tell the shop to upgrade?

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
I'm in the same boat as you right now. Looking at getting a trans built locally, only because I'm in Alaska. If I were you look into a transmission from Andy Warren he has a comp trans that is good up to 800hp for $3800.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I'm in the same boat as you right now. Looking at getting a trans built locally, only because I'm in Alaska. If I were you look into a transmission from Andy Warren he has a comp trans that is good up to 800hp for $3800.
Yea I'm running that trans right now and it holds anything I can throw at it.

·
RIP Mitch ! We miss you
11,966 Posts
Pretty good advice right there.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the replies. But if we're to go to the local shop what upgrades should I be looking for? Really don't wanna deal with shipping/ core charges if its not needed.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
This is what I'm getting in my trans. It should hold up to 800hp with no problem.

Triple disc billet converter w/ 1600 stall
Billet input shaft
Billet ring gear hub
Alto red clutches and Kolene steels adding 2 clutches per pack
Low/ Reverse snap ring upgrade
Transgo shift kit
DD solenoid
08-10 pan and filter

I would really consider Warren and have a shop install it if you don't want to mess with the trans. I really think you will be money ahead, get some quotes and you will see how good of a deal it is. Andy's shipping rates are actually really low.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
This is what I'm getting in my trans. It should hold up to 800hp with no problem.

Triple disc billet converter w/ 1600 stall
Billet input shaft
Billet ring gear hub
Alto red clutches and Kolene steels adding 2 clutches per pack
Low/ Reverse snap ring upgrade
Transgo shift kit
DD solenoid
08-10 pan and filter

I would really consider Warren and have a shop install it if you don't want to mess with the trans. I really think you will be money ahead, get some quotes and you will see how good of a deal it is. Andy's shipping rates are actually really low.

I completely agree with you and maybe the OP will see how good of a deal the Warren comp tranny really is. I have only had mine for a couple months now but it feels very solid and already has taken a good bit of abuse. Is that list the standard parts that come with the comp trans? I ask because I didn't know if mine has the 08+ pan and filter or if that is an option you specifically asked for.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
I'm actually having a local shop build my tranny, because I'm in Alaska and shipping is outrageous. I wish I could just order one from Andy and been done with it. It took a week of talking with shops before I found one that I was comfortable with and had a decent price for everything I wanted in it. But to answer your question I already had the updated pan so they are going to put in on during the build.

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Thanks for all the replies. But if we're to go to the local shop what upgrades should I be looking for? Really don't wanna deal with shipping/ core charges if its not needed.
Dude, you're sooooo close to Andy that not even considering him would be asinine!! MD to PA?? That's around the corner. You could have the truck towed to him and pay him labor for install cheaper than the freight to get his transmission to me. You really should call him. You're 371 miles from him.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I just got my Warren Comp trans installed and would say it was the best decision I have made in a while.

4200 bucks shipped with return shipping to California

1 - 10 of 10 Posts