Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2003 Excursion 6.0 with Torqshift. 163k miles.

After a long sit the trans shifts semi hard. Under power it won't shift sometimes and I can let off and it will shift and then keep going. Once it warms up shifts normal and smooth. I have read a bit on this issue and going to try the TSB adapt learning sequence this weekend (batteries unplugged for a while doing maint.). Also am going to change the fluid and external filter. Prob. need to do a flush but want to start small first.
But before I do that I want to get some starting temp readings. I bought AE with the Ford bundle and have it set up to watch EOT/ECT/FICM but can't seem to find the trans temp sensor in the live data drop downs. Are there some special settings that I need to change to see that? Maybe I just haven't poked at it enough.

Give me a slap on the head if this has already been covered. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
sounds to me you may have some sticking injectors , if i were u id give rev x and rotella t6 a try ....worked for me

·
Registered
41 Posts
when you have your initial screen where you chose the make and model change the far bottom drop down bar to transmission.

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Be advised that as good as the AE is it will read only certain tranny pids. Ford considers that as proprietary information and only for Ford IDS can read all of its pids.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts