Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Truck drove normal yesterday. Parked it. Got in this am, dropped it into reverse to back out of driveway and it slammed into reverse. Wrench light came on. Put truck into drive and my h&s shows it stuck in d4. Give it a little throttle and it acts like it's stuck in 4th too. Scanned codes, shows nothing. Cleared wrench and as soon as i put it in gear, same issue.

Truck is an 08, h&s, egr/dpf delete, 84k.

Ideas?

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've only owned the truck a month. So not sure. Po was pretty religious about service, he owned a trucking company. I'll check fluid when i get home. It's not leaking so i can't imagine fluid is an issue

·
Super Moderator
10,018 Posts
pull the harness and spray the connector with WD40, maybe something got into it

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
pull the harness and spray the connector with WD40, maybe something got into it
****, i didn't even think to look at connectors. I had it pretty deep in the trees yesterday, maybe something caught one.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I didn't see anything unplugged underneath. I started it up to warm it up, and noticed when I cycled through the gears that it was now reading D1 instead of D4. So i took it for a quick drive, 3 blocks later it was stuck in d4 and threw some codes this time. So i'll do some research on them

P0715
P0716
P0720
P0722
and then twice
U3F07 Unknown DTC

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Reading about the codes, i found the sensor locations. Connector at the front of the trans just above the shifter was unplugged.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have had half of this problem. Trans will act up sparaticly seems to be when cold, has grown trans codes 0720 and 0722. Will go into limp mode. Today it was holding first gear not upshifting, stopped to turn around and no reverse. Went into limp mode (3rd gear) and went home. Don't know the history of the truck, it's deleted and HS mini max. Engine runs fine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts