Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Motor Head.
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am up grading to an 2008 filter and pan,Do I need to replace/run the by pass filter any more ? thanks,Robert

·
Administrator
30,455 Posts
mark the engineer stated No you don't need the external ..
I just did this swap and Highly suggest the Derale pan

but I am leaving the external filter for now since it was new

I also have read about folks trying to delwte the canister and replace it with the newer lines ,, but this is a pain to fit

I am thinking of making a steel tag to note that my truck has an external and internal filter ,,

·
Premium Member
2,028 Posts
I swapped to the 08 pan and internal filter and also kept my external "toilet paper" filter. It's a bypass filter anyway, so why not?

·
Administrator
30,455 Posts
the only reason I could see is the interval on that filter change is more frequent than the pan and it's 50 bucks if you don't bargain shop

but i to will be just change it every 30 k

·
Premium Member
2,028 Posts
the only reason I could see is the interval on that filter change is more frequent than the pan and it's 50 bucks if you don't bargain shop
ZMANN - Checkout dieselfiltersonline.com. Only $12.99 for the external filter, and it includes a new O-ring. At that price I buy a couple at a time and then change them at every fuel filter change :thumb:

[NTZ09-C09B] - Ford Torqshift transmission external Transmission Filter(replaces FT145)-Includes O-ring - Diesel Filters,Additives,brake rotors, and brake pads for Chevy, Dodge and Ford Diesel Trucks

·
Administrator
30,455 Posts
I am too scared to run that one I do not know IF NTZ is the OEM MFG ?
I go with he motorcraft one from them both internal and external LOL

·
Premium Member
2,028 Posts
I am too scared to run that one I do not know IF NTZ is the OEM MFG ?
I go with he motorcraft one from them both internal and external LOL
I recall seeing something on the Dieselsite website indicating that NTZ makes the external tranny filter for Motocraft, and the only difference is that the NTZ labeled kit comes with a new housing o-ring.

Here is another thread on the topic:

http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/general-6-0l-discussion/180659-external-trans-filter.html

1 - 7 of 7 Posts