Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It doesn't want to shift the first few times after I get going in the morning. The rpms start to race before it will shift into 2nd and 3rd. Only happens for about a mile and then it shifts fine. Any ideas on why and should I be proactive and do something.
Thanks for any input,
Dave

·
Registered
68 Posts
mine did that for about 5000 miles and now i got a new tranny that was also at 90,000. good luck

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
how many miles on external filter and tranny fluid?

·
Registered
69 Posts
My truck was doing that. If you let your truck warm up it should be fine. I also got the new updates for my truck. Warming it up for a few minutes should be fine. I was told that it was because that it was because Ford has a safety feature for its transmissions to keep them from running too much power through when they can't handle it or something around those lines.

·
Premium Member
595 Posts
My truck started doing the same thing once I added Looney. Prior to that it did not do it..

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
how many miles on external filter and tranny fluid?
I didn't even know there was an external filter. The fluid has at least 18/20k on it. Is that too long?

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
No. I would just swap out the filter and see if that helps. You can get it at shopdiesel.com for a decent price. It's (FT145).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts