Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2004 Harley Davidson 6.0 F250, Just this past week the truck has been acting up, I have a Edge Evolution Tuner on it and a 4inch turbo back exhaust. When i drive normal and lightly on throttle it will shift perfectly fine but at any point if i go to 2/3 or just hammer down on throttle it will start going for about 2 secs or sometimes right away it will just rev all the way up, I don't think its the tranny, i was thinking more towards the torque convertor, but i'm really not sure. its almost like its in neutral all it does is rev max it but if i go back to light throttle it will shift and drive fine. also sometimes ill pull two codes :

P0766- Shift Solenoid D Performance or stuck off.

P2703- Transmission Friction Element D Apply Time Range/Performance.

But those codes very rarely will come up. Any feed back will be great.

·
Winning DUHHH
2,389 Posts
Are you sure it's 2-3 not the 3-5 shift?

Common to get shift flare at that spot, and a go-go solenoid typically takes care of it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
60 Posts
I had a similar issue, a week later third gear went out completely for no apparent reason while i was cruising at 65 down the highway. Sorry to say it but I would start looking for a transmission :(

·
Winning DUHHH
2,389 Posts
I had a similar issue, a week later third gear went out completely for no apparent reason while i was cruising at 65 down the highway. Sorry to say it but I would start looking for a transmission :(

That's wurst case, I had a shift flare problem, and the new direct drive solenoid fixed it...10k miles ago

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
720 Posts
If youre getting the codes its already fried. I lost 4th, 5th, and reverse last weekend. You probably have a delay as well going into reverse sometimes. Start looking for a tranny. I did the direct drive solenoid too. It just bought me time. 100k miles and stock injectors. I started noticing the truck would violently downshift for no reason while driving down the fwy as well.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 6 of 6 Posts