Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So,

Lol. The transmission in my truck has gone out. For sh**s and giggles I asked Aamco what it would take to rebuild it and they want $4700 out the door. I really don't feel like paying for another transmission with no upgrades and that is bone stock. I have been looking into several manufactures of aftermarket transmissions (BD, ATS, HTS to name a few), and I am curious as to what works the best. The truck has an intake, exhaust, and it sits on 37'' Toyos. I don't sled pull but I am hard on it on the street. :D

IF anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it! :icon_ford:

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
Got Woods

Did some info search on the web for quite some time years ago when I first got my 01. Found all the tranny shops and suggestions. I finally went with John Woods way down in holtville california. He built the tranny right in front of my eyes and I have never had a problem. Google search John woods automotive and call. Either way the shipping is what your going to hate. Back when I replaced mine it was going to be 300 each way so I drove from central cali and back and saved money by collecting other parts I wanted

1 - 2 of 2 Posts