Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just picked up the suncoast Super Duty rebuild kit, torque converter, and the billet input shaft. The man on the other side of the phone, John, knows his stuff and is one good dude to talk to! Truck gets dropped off tomorrow morning for tear down and the parts will be here on tuesday, I'll drop them off and hopefully it'll be back together on friday. if it is, I'm getting it and taking it straight to the track haha :D

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Nice! After the tranny build its back to DO WORK SON!

·
Super Moderator
13,237 Posts
so i have to know where you all get all the money to do these repairs or upgrades... seems like i am the only one who cant afford to do these things. i thought i was gonna have to redo my tranny last night, i left the house and didnt really let it warm up too much, i got on it and had some erratic shifting the tow/haul light started to blink. it went away and never came back so i was a little relieved.

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
could you send me that PM to big guy??

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so i have to know where you all get all the money to do these repairs or upgrades... seems like i am the only one who cant afford to do these things. i thought i was gonna have to redo my tranny last night, i left the house and didnt really let it warm up too much, i got on it and had some erratic shifting the tow/haul light started to blink. it went away and never came back so i was a little relieved.
i've dipped into my savings, which I'm not happy about doing. Between the tranny, turbo, and injectors, some SERIOUS bread has gone into my truck in the last month. imo, almost too much. but I knew it'd all break down as soon as the turbo sat itself on top my motor. Life of racing :nate:

Glad your tranny cooled itself off from the problems rob! sucks to put the bank into these trucks and watch them break.

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
Rob, there is a tranny code dude. check it. whenever it blinks there is a code in the tcm. I don't think an xcal will read it.

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
already replied. In YO face!

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
I am in your boat also Rob ! ! !

·
Registered
4,546 Posts

·
Registered
4,546 Posts

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
:rofl: nice David nice! is it friday of next week yet- I can't stand looking at my rig and not seeing it moving at light speed! :sad:

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
you're having a tranny issue?
yes they I have been told either a hairline crack in the drum or the seals in the drum are bad was told about $2600 to fix at my local trans shop but it really only does it when its cold so I have been letting it warm up 1st thing in the mornings so I will be doing that for a while Nate I hate to bother you but I went to there website and could not find prices could you PM me what it cost and how much the shop said they would do it for I want to know about how much more to do those upgrades

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
yes they I have been told either a hairline crack in the drum or the seals in the drum are bad was told about $2600 to fix at my local trans shop but it really only does it when its cold so I have been letting it warm up 1st thing in the mornings so I will be doing that for a while Nate I hate to bother you but I went to there website and could not find prices could you PM me what it cost and how much the shop said they would do it for I want to know about how much more to do those upgrades
geeze for 2600 you're gonna like nate's PM. lol

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
but I wonder if that will fix my problem I don't know much abot trannys but but from what the guy told me he has to pull my tranny out and thats what cost alot of the money

1 - 20 of 92 Posts