Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im stumped now. we did a rebuild about 4-5 months ago. every time we change tunes the tranny has to relearn which i understand. well when you start going while its relearning you cant hardly touch the throttle without it slipping going from 3-5. yes we are gonna put a gogo soleniod in it later but what i dont get is after the rebuild and all new soleniods its still acting up durning relearn. i wouldnt be so concerned about this if we didnt tow with this truck. if we have to switch to a tow tune we cant just do it and be done we have to baby the truck for 50-60 miles before it wants to shift right. should we try a new tranny flash or something? once it relearns it shifts great! but like on my old 6.0 you could switch however many times you wanted but the shifts were just kinda firm at the beginning.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Join the club......even with proper shift relearn procedures I was still dealing with the 3-5 flare. Then after the GoGo solenoid I still had the flare, just with an added hard shift from 3-5. Then a couple weeks later I was slipping bad with a severe slam into 5th. There is another thread here in the general forum where one of the Ford techs had replaced the rear speed sensor on top of the rear axle housing and had removed his shift flare. Ive been in the process of planning a trans rebuild/replacement but would be beside myself if this returned afterwards. Ive been researching for weeks to be sure I know the exact problem before dropping a ton into the trans......best of luck!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Rdunagan, any news on your 3-5 shift flares?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts