21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Yes big difference.

·
Registered
556 Posts
great thread, i literally just got off the phone with the transmission shop in my town about a rebuild i want to do..very interesting, i told them i wanted to get a suncoast rebuild kit, and right away the said there is no need, all the parts in the rebuild kit are made by atco red eagle(something like that) and they said they can get their stuff from teh same company for half the price of the suncoast kit. and i asked about torque converters and they said they only deal with precision converters, and said they have had no problems with them. so i came on here to look and what do you know a thread about the precision converters and the suncoast rebuild kit..

so all in all i made an apt. to do rebuild kit, converter, and 4.30 gears..
now i need money:doh:

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Yea I felt a big difference but I blew it up so it's in the shop again so I think they jus rushed the whole thing and didn't pay attention to wat there doin

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
U will like the rebuild the only real problem was the second gear clutch pak wasn't unloading fast enough and a selenoid was stickin and the tow haul light started flashin and heard arattling noise from the t/c

·
Registered
556 Posts
my tow haul light is flashing right now with my stock tranny gauge pegged, and transmission shifts REALLY harshly..

so you said the pricision blew up on you?

and with the precision converter and rebuild kit, its VERY noticable? does it feel like it has more power or what

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
No I went with the dayco tripple disc. No problems with the temp they pulled the pan today and found some black powder so there gonna pull it again and see wat happend

·
Registered
601 Posts
What rebuild kit does precision offer and what kind of power can it handle

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
idk if they offer a rebuild kit

·
Registered
87 Posts
i have the P.I. stallion T.C. in my 96 and the tranny was built by BTS.this tranny is tough and converter has took 1 more beeting from me.i pull with it every day and have had some heavy loads behind it like my Cat D4 dozer going down I40 at say 70mph and i have had the tranny for over 3 years and have well over 100k miles on it!!!not had no problems with it at all.however i do service it every 30k miles and the only use Royal Purple Fluids.oh and that Stallion T.C. is a billet triple disk just for your info.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.