Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Coal Rolling = Posing
9,871 Posts
None of yall have heard of that t/c. They have a 2 yr warrintie unlimited mile. With a lock up at 1600
Think that's the company I was readin another thread about. Their converters wouldn't last behind a guys 7.3. His was turned up, quite a bit, so you might be ok with a tuner and basic mods. And with a 2 year warranty, go for it. Just make sure you read the fine print. Some, even reputible outfits, won't pay for labor, and won't actually take the part out of your truck to fix it. If it's broke, YOU are responsible for diagnosing that, and pullin the part, and shippin the part. Then, IF they decide that it was a defect that caused the failure, they fix it and send it back to you.

As far as suncoast rebuild kits go, they may make good trannies, but they don't use the parts in their rebuild kits on the trannies they build... So even if there are good parts in that kit, it gives me some pause...

ON EDIT!!!!

I went and reread the thread, that's supposed to be an awesome converter company. The company he was havin issues with was called Ultimate Converter Concepts or something.

If a high power sled puller likes those conv. I'd say do it!

·
Coal Rolling = Posing
9,871 Posts
yea i would get an ats or bd or suncoast but money is tight and i dont have money for a core
The guy I'm quoting that ran the stallion had a twin turbo, fully built 7.3 and used it hard.

Based on that truck probably bein 550-600, and him lovin that TC, I'd say it's a safe bet.

It has a 2 year warranty. If it's gonna tear up, it won't take longer than 2 years to tear up...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.