Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used a stallion percision t/c. How are they. An. Opinions welcome. Also anyone no about the suncoast rebuild kit All the parts are for a 5r110 on a 05:dunno:

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
not sure on that t/c but i have a full billet suncoast trans and suncoast converter. without a tune on the truck the trucks moves OUT. puts the power to the ground hard. i cant believe how much power was lost through the old tranny,

i would assume the rebuild is very similar to the suncoast trans. call them up and see what they say about it

·
Registered
425 Posts
i got the extreme rebuild from suncoast its great . and the billet t/c. like stroke said it puts the power down 8)

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
sun coast rebuild kit is very good... add a good tq and the power output will be very good

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
None of yall have heard of that t/c. They have a 2 yr warrintie unlimited mile. With a lock up at 1600

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea 1800 is stock is 1600 good bad idk that much about trans

·
Coal Rolling = Posing
9,871 Posts
None of yall have heard of that t/c. They have a 2 yr warrintie unlimited mile. With a lock up at 1600
Think that's the company I was readin another thread about. Their converters wouldn't last behind a guys 7.3. His was turned up, quite a bit, so you might be ok with a tuner and basic mods. And with a 2 year warranty, go for it. Just make sure you read the fine print. Some, even reputible outfits, won't pay for labor, and won't actually take the part out of your truck to fix it. If it's broke, YOU are responsible for diagnosing that, and pullin the part, and shippin the part. Then, IF they decide that it was a defect that caused the failure, they fix it and send it back to you.

As far as suncoast rebuild kits go, they may make good trannies, but they don't use the parts in their rebuild kits on the trannies they build... So even if there are good parts in that kit, it gives me some pause...

ON EDIT!!!!

I went and reread the thread, that's supposed to be an awesome converter company. The company he was havin issues with was called Ultimate Converter Concepts or something.

If a high power sled puller likes those conv. I'd say do it!

·
Registered
3,719 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yea i would get an ats or bd or suncoast but money is tight and i dont have money for a core

·
Coal Rolling = Posing
9,871 Posts
yea i would get an ats or bd or suncoast but money is tight and i dont have money for a core
The guy I'm quoting that ran the stallion had a twin turbo, fully built 7.3 and used it hard.

Based on that truck probably bein 550-600, and him lovin that TC, I'd say it's a safe bet.

It has a 2 year warranty. If it's gonna tear up, it won't take longer than 2 years to tear up...

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yea that's wat I was thinkin also I was hopin somebody was usin them on a 6.0 so I could get there opinion I mean it sounds good it's jus alot of money to spend on somethin ur not sure of any other opinions are welcome thank yall

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Bump:bump:

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
has anyone heard of dayco t/c

·
Registered
613 Posts
I just put a Precision Industries in my 7.3. I know it's gonna be different in a 6.0, but I haven't had it in my truck very long, but I like it. Doing my research this is the TC I wanted in my truck. Lot's of high hp trucks with them holding up.

As far as the company goes, I had an issue with mine, I think they sent me the wrong one or something but it wouldn't work. Within 1 minute on the phone, they said they would next day a new one and have the first one picked up. The second one worked great. Eventhough their warranty does not cover labor, they said they would take care of me after diagnosing the first one and making sure it wasn't the installers fault. They should have gotten the first one a day ago or so, so I don't know if they will hold up to that or not as they haven't torn into it yet.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
im goin with the dayco or dacco however u spell it any 1 heard of it or familiar with it input is welcome

·
Registered
601 Posts
Do you guys with the suncoast actually feel that the truck is quicker with a built tranny?? If so what are we talking here? Mines in the shop as we speak

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.