Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw the post where the guy got over 600wrhp with new injectors and tranny work, has anyone else done this?

What kind of mods to the tranny are needed to safely handle over 500 wrhp?

also I have new leafs in the back on blocks, no traction bars. I have no axle wrap or shudder coming off the line now. My question is once I add more power with tuner and other mods ( I want to be over 500 wrhp) will I need traction bars or if I am ok now I will be ok then?

I would like a set to match my front 4 links, every company but rize backs flimsy lookin ones. OUO makes sick ones but it just would nt match like the rize. Next truck will be all OUO...

·
Premium Member
20,358 Posts
you will indeed need traction bars... you may not feel that your getting axle wrap but i can guarantee you that you are. Tank posted a vid not too long ago of his axle wrap and it was frightening.

Rize makes a nice trac. bars kit. im pretty sure to get 500rwhp your going to need more than just a lil tranny work. expect to pay in the 4-5k range for a trans that can hold up to that much torque. not to mention some serious engine work

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
spartan claims they can do 495 wrhp on exhaust , intake and tune...

the rize ones would look horrible on mine as my 4 links are cylinder shaped and the rize are not...

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
several notable tuners all claim the stock tranny is good to 600-700hp.

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
The biggest improvement in driveability and putting the power to the ground is the torque converter. Dyno hp vs. daily driving/towing are completely different. The right converter and some basic improvements on a new/good tranny will make is last a long time. Most trans will tolerate high hp for a little while then give up.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
spartan claims they can do 495 wrhp on exhaust , intake and tune...

the rize ones would look horrible on mine as my 4 links are cylinder shaped and the rize are not...
check out farmboyfabrications he makes some good traction bars that will match your front 4 link setup.

I personally dont like them cause they are just tubes...but as you said on your truck they would match, and they would look good...and I hear they function great.

I am picking up a set of RIZE bars next week I think...I did not think I was getting axle wrap either, but I guess with the power its putting down right now it is....I had my wife video it when me smashing the gas....and yup...scary...I could only imagine what its like towing 10K

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I seen them... they look pretty thin tho, my 4 links are massive. I may go ahead and get those tho if I do not re do my whole rear susp setup and or my whole susp...

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I ordered some Farmboy fab traction bars, just make sure there traction and not ladder bars

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
let us know how they work... what the hell is the difference between ladder bars and traction bars? I thought they were the same?

·
Registered
445 Posts
Im def gunna be in the market for some traction bars shortly. I got an 8" with 38's and blocks in the rear. I made 604hp and 1212ft/lbs. My tranny's fully built though....I replaced it before I even made big numbers so I can't say what it needs to handle 500 ponies, but I'm sure if you call up Suncoast they'll give you a sure fire answer:thumb:

·
Premium Member
17,841 Posts
I saw the post where the guy got over 600wrhp with new injectors and tranny work, has anyone else done this?

What kind of mods to the tranny are needed to safely handle over 500 wrhp?
No one else has done this :dis:.........the tranny can handle it, but you can never be to safe....I'm looking into it myself.....Matt and Mike can make that kind of power, but the problem is making it streetable let alone reliable

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
traction bars apply support STRAIGHT to the axle the ladder bars have a little bit of a lift and more for off roading etc.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts