Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
user is now SIX_OHH
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright I could be worrying way more than i need to be but I don't have the money for tranny work right now. I have the 2-3 shift clunk which sounds like many guys have, mine isn't too bad and does happen all the time but definitely the majority of the time. I looked all over the internet and although everyone says this is normal, what is your guys opinion and can it grow to a more severe problem, my slip yoke is freshly greased up btw. The other issue I noticed ( I haven't had the truck long so Im slowly noticing all these sounds ) is on down shifts under power so pretty much only when climbing hills right before the tranny gears down there's a bit of a humming noise. Neither of these noises are very loud but Im Stressssed, I don't want something to blow up. Truck runs amazing, shifts great and super smooth other than those 2 issues. let me know what you guys think.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I noticed when mine was doing same I had traction bars made. Made a huge difference. Axle rap is bad on these trucks with factory blocks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts