Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys I was driving the other day and when i came to a stop my truck was serging like the brakes werent holding but I knew it was transmission..so I turned my OD on and it quit...then I turned my OD back off and started driving and my RPM was going up but my speed wasnt..so finally I pulled over and now if I put it in Drive 2nd or 1st it wont move..but reverse is fine? I got quoted 2300$ and change for one from ford but 3800$ for a heavy duty one. Can I buy a heavy duty rebuild kit somewhere and stay in the 1000-2000$ max range?? I was told also it could just be a bad torq converter? any ideas??? :doh:

·
Stupidity pisses me off
3,861 Posts
Ok guys I was driving the other day and when i came to a stop my truck was serging like the brakes werent holding but I knew it was transmission..so I turned my OD on and it quit...then I turned my OD back off and started driving and my RPM was going up but my speed wasnt..so finally I pulled over and now if I put it in Drive 2nd or 1st it wont move..but reverse is fine? I got quoted 2300$ and change for one from ford but 3800$ for a heavy duty one. Can I buy a heavy duty rebuild kit somewhere and stay in the 1000-2000$ max range?? I was told also it could just be a bad torq converter? any ideas??? :doh:
Are you running a programmer?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I have a chip its an oldschool superchip that is 45 HP i think nothing crazy.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Sounds like your support bearing is out. Mine has gone out twice and the shop that fixed it wont warranty it $2500 in the toilet. Take the trans pan off the truck and see if you have little strands of metal on the magnet. If you do its probably the support bearing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts