Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
a truck
13,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys so here is the problem

I had my trans replaced about 3000 miles ago becuase all the gears had fused together due to a slow tranny fluid leak that I caught too late so I had it replaced with a stock trans with a good warranty. I asked the diesel mechanic there who I know pretty well if the trans and warranty would hold up with the 140hp ts chip I have, and he said yes.

Well two weeks after I got it put in, it slipped a little between shifting at 40-45mph and at the time I didnt really think much of it. Now as I mentioned in a thread I posted two days ago I just realized my chip wasnt even hooked up. Now that it is I have been driving around and I drove on the 140 setting for a day and was kind of beating on it and now the trans slips pretty badly. Im not exactly sure what would be going bad on it at first I was just going to upgrade the torque converter and valve body but now Im not sure what to do.

Please, any help or advice would be appreciated!

Thanks, Matt

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
i dont know why your trans would be slipping when it is this new
i would take the chip off and take the truck back to where you got the trans from and have them look at it.
they might not work on it with the chip on it
some places are like that-idk

·
a truck
13,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah I honestly have no idea why in the hell it would be slipping its rediculous, and I know the guys at this ford dealership pretty well and they have helped me out before as far as warranty issues and stuff so I know they would help but if there is a problem I am just gonna say screw it and get a rebuild kit with all billet parts, billet TC and Valve body

·
a truck
13,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah I know its gonna hurt but what else can I do? I should have just got a manual

·
a truck
13,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Anyone else have any advice or have had this happen to them?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts