Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i did a search on trans. temp gauge. Didn't come across anything on this subject. What's a good Brand, type, etc to try and find. And where do you install the sending unit. I've seen on that suggested the oil pan drain plug. i don't think so.
99 7.3 lifted, chipped, intake exhaust

·
Registered
163 Posts
Is it possible to use an oil temp gauge for trans temp? I have Prosport gauges in my truck which can warn you with a beep and the gauge flashing red. below is a link to a video of what they do. I don't think they(Prosport) make a trans temp gauge.

YouTube - My Prosport gauge startup

·
Registered
163 Posts
Those are cool gauges but I don't know about their quality. I like autometer gauges. Pm me if you ever need a price on any.
Quality appears to be good. All of their gauges come with the sending units and they work as advertised. Their customer service is good as well. I don't think they are a big company. I am going to order 2 oil temp gauges and use one for the trans. They also come with jumper cables so you can daisy chain them for power and the connectors on the sending units are weather pack connctors.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Don't know about guages but as for installing the probe my stock pan had a bung in it on the side for installation of one it looks factory but not sure I hae a Mag hytech pan now.

·
Shaking the Bush Boss
9,740 Posts
MongoVB, wheed you find those gauegs? The only ones Ive seen like that are the Nexus series from autometer, and a bit pricey. I currently runnig a set of Phantom series, I like the way the look, kinda wished I had got something that matched my instrument cluster.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I stumbled across them one day. Website is below along with a video link of my gauges at start up. Mine are the premium peak/warning. I have oil preasure, EGT, and boost.

my video
YouTube - My Prosport gauge startup

Prosport website
Prosport Gauges

·
Registered
156 Posts
Autometer GS series here.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts